ITMA is the trendsetting textile and garment technology platform where the industry converges every four years to explore fresh ideas, effective solutions and collaborative partnerships for business growth. Organised by ITMA Services, the upcoming ITMA will be held from 20 to 26 June 2019 in Barcelona at Fira De Barcelona, Gran Via.
Leitat will present its capacities in the textile sector at the booth UL-D117. We would be glad to host you!
Leitat offers testing as well as research services to industries willing to improve the sustainability of their production processes, define new
materials for innovative applications, and develop solutions for attractive growth markets.
The center concentrates on environmental projects in the field of detergency, chemicals and materials, protection, security, and construction. It offers a wide range of capacities, such as:
- Identification and characterisation of fibre microplastics
- Development of environmentally friendly textile fabrics with biomaterials
- Mitigation of environmental impact caused by textile processes
- Antimicrobial fabrics with new finishing processes
- New Materials
- Functionalisation and surface modification for advanced textiles
- Engineering of nanofiber membranes and filtration systems
- Coatings to improve flame retardancy and antistatic properties
- 3D textiles and spacer fabrics for new applications
- Smart Textiles
- Development of smart wearable systems on textiles
- New technical textiles for sports
- Integration of medical devices and textiles
- Characterisation and testing
- Materials behaviour: physical, mechanical, thermal, chemical and microbiological characterisation
- Application of new technologies including polymer extrusion, AM and 3D printing, and plasma
- Analytical chemistry such as analysis of wastewater, nanoparticles, biodegradability, elements, polymers, and additives
- Fire behaviour including tests for protective equipment against heat and flame
- EU-Ecolabel: test and verification of environmental criteria