On the 2nd of October, the Beyond Lithium-Ion Workshop – From Current Research to Industrial Application took place in Nice (France). Jointly organized by Leitat and Varta, it brought international speakers together including researchers, manufacturers and integrators.
Focused on post lithium-ion technologies, around 90 attendees were present during the event. The catalogue of the event containing the full program, the biographies of the speakers and the abstracts of the presentations can be downloaded here .
After each session, participants could ask online questions to the speakers. Discussions were focused on technical capacities, possible integrations, safety issues as well as market applications.
Below the public versions of the presentations made during the event:
- Joaquín Chacón – Albufera Energy Storage – Advances on Aluminium electrochemistry for battery application
- Robert Dominko – National Institute of Chemistry – Lithium sulfur battery research progress in HELIS project
- Christophe Aucher – Leitat – Advanced Lithium Sulphur battery for xE
- Silvia Bodoardo – Politecnico di Torino – Lithium Air Batteries: Can this be the future for Electric Vehicles?
- Mari Juel – SINTEF – ZAS Zinc Air Secondary innovative nanotech based batteries for efficient energy storage
- Céline Barchasz – CEA – Advanced Lithium-metal electrodes for post lithium-ion technologies
- Tobias Janoschka – Jena Batteries – Organic redox-flow batteries for stationary energy storage
- Igor Cantero – CEGASA – Evolution of Zinc-Air primary batteries into new cost-effective rechargeable energy solutions
- Ulderico Ulissi – OXIS Energy Ltd – Towards Longer Life, High Energy Li-S Batteries
- Yuichi Aihara – Samsung – Current status of 1 Ah class solid-state lithium metal secondary battery: Cycle and Rated Capability
- Marc Descamps – Blue Solutions – Lithium Metal Polymer battery: its specificities and its applications
- Géraldine Palissat – Ariane Group – Ultralight LiS cells for space applications: opportunities and barriers
- Emmanuel Bénéfice – Zinium – How to achieve zinc-air battery competitivity for stationary Energy storage systems