Food for Life: less waste, more quality and sustainability
NOSHAN project is about to end and we are celebrating it with the event â€œFOOD FOR LIFE: LESS WASTE, MORE QUALITY AND SUSTAINABILITYâ€ that will focus on several ways to use food to improve our lives: the valorization of side streams to produce safe feed thus reducing food waste, the promotion of traditional food production and use of minor cereals for a better food quality and the improvement of the food supply chain for human consumption.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Overview of projects outcomes and impacts: short presentations
- Networking session: possibility to explore further collaboration initiatives
- Parallel sessions of NOSHAN and TRADEIT with relevant stakeholders: short presentations from stakeholders + roundtable discussion about project exploitation opportunities. Active participation of the public with questions.
If you are interested do not hesitate and participate, the event is free, REGISTER HERE!
You can download the programme here.
EU PROJECTS PARTICIPATING
FUSIONS:Â Food Use for Social InnovationÂ byÂ Optimising Waste Prevention Strategies
- NOSHAN: Sustainable production of Functional and Safe Feed from Food Waste
- FUSIONS:Â Food Use for Social InnovationÂ byÂ Optimising Waste Prevention Strategies
- REFRESH: Resource Efficient Food and dRink for the Entire Supply cHain
- TRADEIT: support to traditional food producing SMEs in the Dairy, Meat and Bakery sectors through an ambitious programme of events and activites in nine regional TRADEIT Hubs across Europe.
- HEALTHY MINOR CEREALS: HMC grow well in poor soils or under low input conditions, and have retained far greater concentration of micronutrients that have been bred out of common wheat. They are hence valued highly by both producers and consumers of organic foods, and increasingly also by conventional farmers.
- SUNNIVA:Â development of a sustainable food system from production to consumption, addressing the entire food supply chain for the vegetables tomato and Brassica and their derived products.
Event hashtag = #Food4Life, please, use it in all your tweets!
TWEETS FOR NOSHAN THAT YOU CAN USE
Working with #foodwaste #qualityfood #sustainability? This event is for you! Join us! #Food4Life http://bit.ly/Food_for_Life
#NOSHAN is turning #foodwaste into #animalfeed Check it out at #Food4Life http://bit.ly/Food_for_Life
@LEITAT @ekodengeas @VITObelgium #NOSHAN partners at #Food4Life http://bit.ly/Food_for_Life
Join #Food4Life in Madrid with @LEITAT @montsejorba @KIM_global http://bit.ly/Food_for_Life