BOHEALTH aims to reduce the environmental impact associated to the health sector (e.g. hospitals) by facilitating the decision making process of the management. To show the activities and results of the project, the consortium has created a video. We hope you will enjoy it!
The objectives of the project are:
- the real environmental and economic impact of the different environmental aspects associated to the organisation, considering their entire life cycle (highlighting hidden or external costs).
- Identifying the â€œkey performance indicatorsâ€ (KEPIs) and â€œfunctional unitsâ€ which best fit with Health sector characteristics, in order to monitor and control these aspects.
- Identifying the Best Available Techniques (BATs) that can be applied to reduce these aspects, including technical, environmental and economic assessments.
- Supporting, with quantitative figures, the definition of â€œSustainable Action Plansâ€ to be applied to each centre, taking into account the previous information.
- Allowing a clear and quantitative comparison between the initial and improved situation (i.e. after action plan implementation), from an economic and environmental view point.