The main objective of the project is to reduce the environmental impact associated to the health sector (e.g. hospitals) by facilitating the decision making process of the management through:
- Showing the real environmental and economic impact of the different environmental aspects associated to the organisation, considering their entire life cycle (highlighting hidden or external costs).
- Identifying the “key performance indicators” (KEPIs) and “functional units” which best fit with Health sector characteristics, in order to monitor and control these aspects.
- Identifying the Best Available Techniques (BATs) that can be applied to reduce these aspects, including technical, environmental and economic assessments.
- Supporting, with quantitative figures, the definition of “Sustainable Action Plans” to be applied to each centre, taking into account the previous information.
- Allowing a clear and quantitative comparison between the initial and improved situation (i.e. after action plan implementation), from an economic and environmental view point.
Project Budget: 1'017'355 €
LEITAT Budget: 263'562 €
Financial Framework: LIFE+
Contract number: LIFE12 ENV/ES/000124
Start Date: 01/07/2013
End Date: 01/07/2016