Developments in science and engineering lead to changes in materials technology. There is a range of modern materials with impressive properties, as well as traditional ones such as wood or metal. Researchers are developing cutting-edge foams, coatings, metals and other substances to make our homes, vehicles and gadgets more energy-efficient and environmentally friendly The field of materials science is discovering new formats, shapes and materials to respond to this constantly transforming world, in which change is essential to evolve.
We are surrounded by materials; and the materials are, today, the focus of innovation. For this reason, they generate an impact not only in the industry but also in society and even in its cultural values. Materials are no longer finalized at the end of the design process but are part of its early development. Additionally, consumers pay more attention to the materials they surround themselves with, are much more literate and interested in material innovation than ever before. Materials-based innovation enables the development of new industries, the search for more sustainable solutions and the implementation of more creative design processes.
The Agenda promoted by the guidelines of the European Union and the sustainable development goals has marked a path that Expoquimia bears witness to and transforms it into a reality, showing the future of today.
This Webinar aims to highlight the innovation of new materials in different applications sectors, such as detergency, Automotive and Food. And consider if these materials could apply in different fields. An overview of what we will discover in MAT 20-30, materializing challenges next December in Expoquimia.
Date: 30th of June 2020, 11 am
- Ms. Ana Sánchez – Croda Europe (Detergency) Turning the World’s Products Green: 100% Bio-Based ECO Range of Surfactants
- Mr. Iakovos Yakoumis-CEO- Monolithos Innovative technology for upgrading public authorities’ vehicle emission standards: The EIT Raw Materials INNOCAT Project (Automotive)
- Ms. Rosa Puig – Marketing Manager –Novamont -(Food) MATER-BI, current and future solutions: properties and applications of compostable bioplastics
- Mr. David’s Amantia – Director of Business Unit (Applied Chemistry and Materials) Leitat (Moderator)
- 11:00-11:10 Introduction and Welcome (Mr David Amantia- Moderator)
- Expoquimia Video – Opening Titles
- Presentation speakers
- 11:10- 11:20 Ms Ana Sánchez – Croda Europe Turning the World’s Products Green: 100% Bio-Based ECO Range of Surfactants
- 11:20-11:30 Ms Rosa Puig – Novamont -(Food) MATER-BI, current and future solutions: properties and applications of compostable bioplastics
- 11:30- 11:40 Mr Iakovos Yakoumis- Monolithos (Automotive)
- 11:40 -11:50 – FAQS (Mr Laurent Introduces and coordinate the questions)
- 11:50 -12:00 Wrap-up and closing event Mr David Amantia- Moderator
- Expoquimia Closing Titles