The FLAREX Life+ project and EURATEX will organise a workshop in association with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to discuss the advances and implementation of chemical substitution policies in the textile industry, particularly on the use of flame retardants for home textiles including carpets, upholstery for home furniture and other products such as mattresses or curtains.
The workshop’s objectives are to:
- Present a case study of an EU project aiming to find and demonstrate sustainable alternatives to Flame Retardants containing halogenated organic compounds, antimony or releasing formaldehyde for the home textile sector.
- Discuss early results with international experts and increase stakeholder engagement.
- Inform the industry about the needs to move toward alternative flame retardants and currently available alternatives for home textile with emphasis on carpets and upholstery for home furniture.
- Collect industry feedback about a pressing topic and engage industry collaboration for validation of safer and greener alternatives.
- Foster networking among the different stakeholders involved in the home textile sector, particularly textile finishers, flame retardant producers and end-users.
Who should participate?
Stakeholders in the home textile sector, particularly, chemical manufacturers of flame retardants, textile finishing companies, textile companies related to home textiles and retailers of home textiles, academic/R&D experts in flame retardant technology, textile-related business associations, policy-makers and NGOs.
The workshop is free of charge. Participants will need to cover travel and accommodation expenses.
Programme, date, venue and participation
The workshop will take place on 16 January 2018 in Brussels, starting at 13:00. The number of participants of the workshop is limited. Therefore, the organising committee will select participants to ensure a broad spectrum of stakeholders having a direct relation with the topic of the event.
The agenda, information venue, organisational details and registration form are available via this link.
For questions about the workshop, please contact Mr Josep Casamada at info[a]life-flarex.eu