BOHEALTH PROJECT IS COMING TO AN END
BOHEALTH LIFE+ project has started on July 2013 and it is near to be finished. It has been a long journey and a lot of achievements have reached. The project consortium composed by “Fundació Hospital de Sant Pau i Santa Tecla (FHSPST)”, “Xarxa Sanitaria i Social Santa Tecla AIE”, SIMPPLE and LEITAT have joined efforts to reach the planned objectives. Also, the project has relied on the collaboration of a group of experts: Mrs. Maria Passalacqua (Club EMAS Catalonia), Sr. Francesc Castell (Rovira i Virgili University), Sr. Josep Mª Massip (Planning and Sustainability Department of the Government of Catalonia) and Sr. Xavier Singla (Xarxa Sanitària Sta. Tecla).
Although the project is near to finish, the project results will be available on the website www.bohealth.eu and the BOHEALTH tool will be available for the healthcare centres that want to improve the environmental performance http://bohealth.simpple.com/ . Also, the consortium will support the organizations that want to implement the proposed methodology.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROJECT IN TWO CASE STUDIES
The project has implemented a methodology and a web tool to facilitate the decision making process. To validate the methodology and the tool, they have been implemented in two case studies, “Centres de Llevant” and “Hospital del Vendrell”, both centres located in Tarragona. In the implementation process, the following steps have been considered:
- Collection of the information about resource consumption (water and energy) and waste production
- Characterization of the centre and the different services comprised
- Inventory of the main equipment: general equipment, medical equipment and other equipment from support areas (kitchen, laundry, etc.)
- Introduction of data on the web tool and environmental assessment of the centre for identifying the significant environmental aspects
- Definition of the sustainable action plan and implementation the actions to improve the environmental performance