Vision2020: The Horizon Network held its third Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) information event in Barcelona on 4th April, hosted by LEITAT Technological Center. The theme of the event was connecting SMEs with research and technology organisations in order to win funding from the €79 billion Euro Horizon 2020 European funding programme.
Samuel Maenhout (Policy Officer from DG Research & Innovation) was the keynote speaker presenting opportunities in Horizon 2020 for SMEs, alongside representatives from the Spanish National Contact Point for SMEs, representatives of SMEs that are active in European research and innovation and a representative of the Vision2020 platform. This event was free for SMEs.
A promotional leaflet for this event can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/1gDfcYo
Policy Perspective – Opportunities within Horizon 2020
- 10:00 – 10:10 – LEITAT Welcome
- 10:10 – 10:30 – Abdul Rahim, Director of Vision2020.
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Samuel Maenhout – European Commission – Policy Officer from DG Research & Innovation B3 – SMEs, Financial Instruments and State Aid.
- 11:00 – 11:30 – David Rovirosa, ACCIO Innovation Catalan Agency and EEN (Enterprise Europe Network) .
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Coffee & Networking
EU Funded Research and Innovation: Commercial Case Studies + Vision 2020 relevance members
- 12:00 – 12:15 – Emilie Mespoulhes, LEITAT as a Partner for Technology for SMEs
- 12:15 – 12:30 – Oonagh McNerney, SME Success story, IRIS (INNOVACIO I RECERCA INDUSTRIAL I SOSTENIBLE SL), SME on the 5th place on the 6th monitoring Report as a participation under FP7 with 28 participations last year.)
- 12:30 – 12:45 – Marta Macias , SME Success story (IDENER). (SME Member of Vision 2020.)
- 12:45 – 13:00 – Michael Browne, University success story (Head of European Research & Innovation at University College London, RTO Member of Vision 2020).
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Networking reception with LEITAT International project Managers from various disciplines (Health, Food, Energy, Transport, Materials, ICT, Manufacturing, Nanotechnologies, Biotechnology, Production/processing), Vision2020 members and collaborators from across Europe